QC and Levey-Jennings
How can I look at the Levey-Jennings pages and know which charts have been reviewed?
- Enter specific month's date range in the L-J main page; the review date will populate the screen based on the date the charts were review date and the date range.
How can I exclude out of range QC results?
- On the Results Review page:
- You can exclude out of range QC from Results Review by choosing Sample Type-QC Results.
- Select Flag and choose Control Out of Range
- Click Apply.
- Highlight the rows that need to be excluded.
- Click on the Review button.
- Check the box 'Exclude Results from Statistics and Charts’, add a review note if applicable and click OK.
- On the Levey-Jennings page:
- You can exclude out of range QC from the Levey-Jennings page by highlighting all rows and clicking on View Charts.
- You can either click the point that is out of range on the graph or highlight the point in the chart below the graph.
- Next, click Review Value and Check the box ‘Exclude Results from Statistics and Charts’, add a review note if applicable.
- Click OK. The point will now change to a red square which indicates the result was manually excluded.
How can I look at only excluded QC results?
- From the Levey-Jennings page, highlight one or more rows and click View Charts. Next, select ‘Only Excluded Results.'
Where are the two places that I can review CV and SD for a site?
- On each L-J chart
- Reports: QC Reports: Glucose Device Statistic Summary. Remember, be sure to enter the same date as the L-J charts were viewed and saved.
Do I have to print my L-J charts?
- That depends on your policy. L-J charts can be reviewed with POCC’s note, name and date and can be displayed for an inspector at any time.
How do I enable my Next and Previous buttons on the displayed Levey Jennings chart?
- From the main L-J screen, highlight more than one grid line.
- Next and Previous will be enabled and you click Next or Previous to go from one chart to another.