Important News about Your
RALS Windows Server!
On January 14, 2020, support for Windows Server 2008 ended¹
Keeping patient data secure is a never ending task. Hospitals and health systems constantly face increasing regulation for protecting the security of patient health information; yet, data breaches remain common in the industry. As health system leaders make data security a priority, so do we at Abbott.
If you're a RALS user with a Windows Server 2008 you need to upgrade to Windows Server 2016... now. (RALS Virtual Core Server specifications)
To upgrade your server...
- Let your IT department know about this pending situation
- View the step-by-step instructions below and use the form to schedule your upgrade
- Download a Fact Sheet that outlines the migration process
- Contact our Support Team to schedule your upgrade
Windows 2016 Server will:
- Provide our users with a platform that meets or exceeds the security requests of most institutions
- Mitigate the majority of security vulnerabilities found in the risk-focused security approach developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) published Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
Let us help you migrate to Windows Server 2016
Your Windows 2016 Upgrade will safeguard your environment and help prevent data breaches…..don’t delay ….act today…..and benefit from the latest security and performance features, as well as regular security updates. Our project management team will work with you every step of the way to make this a smooth transition.
To gain this level of security, there are steps:
STEP 1: RALS Version must be 5.17 or higher
Not sure what version of RALS you are using?
- Look on the bottom of the splash screen when you log in, or on any RALS page, click ‘Help’ and then click ‘About RALS System’.
STEP 2: Upgrade your RALS Interface to your LIS
- This technology upgrade will allow the execution of the RALS connectivity system setup on Windows 2016.
STEP 3: Swap your Windows 2008 Server for a Windows 2016 Server
- Project managers will work with you to schedule the swap of your Windows 2008 to Windows 2016 servers.