Alere RALS® Server and IMS Software
Now Available for Virtual Environments
Many hospitals are now operating in virtual environments and if yours does, you may be able to enjoy the many advantages over virtualization has over physical hardware with the Alere RALS Virtual System.
What is Virtualization?
Virtualization is a proven software technology that is rapidly transforming the IT landscape and fundamentally changing the way that hospitals compute. Today’s computer hardware was designed to run a single operating system and a single application, leaving most machines vastly underutilized. Virtualization lets you run multiple virtual machines on a single physical machine, sharing the resources of that single computer across multiple environments. Different virtual machines can run different operating systems and multiple applications on the same physical computer.
Simply put...Virtualization is like having one or more computers in a single computer.
The Benefits of Virtualization
A virtual computer behaves exactly like a physical computer and contains its own virtual (ie, software-based) CPU, RAM hard disk and network interface card (NIC). An operating system can’t tell the difference between a virtual machine and a physical machine, nor can applications or other computers on a network. Even the virtual machine thinks it is a “real” computer. Nevertheless, a virtual machine is composed entirely of software and contains no hardware components whatsoever. As a result, virtual machines offer a number of distinct advantages over physical hardware.
- Pool common infrastructure resources and break the legacy “one application to one server” model with server consolidation.
- Fewer servers and related IT hardware means reduced real estate and reduced power and cooling requirements.
- Securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service.
- Respond to market changes with dynamic resource management, faster server provisioning and improved desktop and application deployment.
- Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
Virtualizing Your Alere RALS System
Today, your Alere RALS system, including your Alere RALS Server and IMS can be completely virtualized in the following ways:
- Virtualize all Alere RALS systems using your hospital’s virtual host system(s)
- Virtualize all non-IMS Alere RALS systems using your hospital’s virtual host system(s)
- Virtualize all Alere RALS systems using a single Alere Infromatics provided virtual host system